My Favourite Surface Patterns


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[My Fav Surface Patterns]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aluminum Alloy (Commonly used for Trains and Planes)

N700 S Shinkansen








It may seem odd but sometimes when I'm getting on a train or a plane I like to touch the outside. It has a nice smooth and glossy feeling to the touch and it's slightly cold. I enjoy riding trains or planes so in a way feeling the outside of it might also be part of the experience...

Jeff Koons - Balloon Swan















Jeff Koons is an artist that I think makes some pretty unique artwork. His work is often focused on everyday objects turned into sculptures. He's made a series of sculptures based on balloon animals. These are so well made that when I first saw it I legitimately thought it was made out of balloons. But in reality, it's made out of stainless steel that is polished so well it looks like a balloon.

Tokyo Big Site

Tokyo Big Site, Tokyo Japan








I have talked about this building in class before but I wanted to talk more about it because honestly, this building fascinates me. Anyways the golden or beige-coloured roof honestly looks like it would be very smooth to the touch. One thing that's interesting about this building is that since it's raised it's a little hard to see where all the floor space would be.

Jaume Plensa - Wonderland

Near The Bow, Calgary Canada


This is probably one of my favourite art pieces in the city. From afar it looks simple but when you go near it, the metal is making quite a complicated mesh that makes up the space. I didn't know that this sculpture was called until recently and honestly, I think Wonderland is quite a fitting name.

Otaru Station

Otaru Station, Hokkaido Japan







So symmetry vs. asymmetry is often debated in art and honestly, I think both can be interesting. At least for me, I find symmetry rather aesthetically pleasing especially with buildings. I like how the clock is centred in the middle. I also like the equal separation of the windows. And the three sections jutting out near the clock. Everything is all centre which I find to be rather satisfying to the eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts