Project 2: The Build

 ▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ [The Build Process] ░▒▓█▇▅▃▂

This build was both tricky, slightly annoying and fun at the same time. Some parts of it went well but there were some parts that went unexpectedly and I have yet to fix those kinks yet. But hopefully, I'll be able to fix them by next week...

The build condensed into a GIF

It didn't take me that long to make the initial cube, rectangle, and cylinder. However, after that was the most time-consuming part, the details.

The curved edges, the curved lines around the cylinder, the coin slot, the symbol and the text were the parts that took the most time. I was able to get it to be quite close to the actual object.


But there are some imperfections and parts I wasn't able to fix. The vertical edges on the top cube left a bit of a lip on the bottom and I couldn't quite figure out how to fix it. Perhaps if I have a circle and use the split or boolean split commands...


I used "Fillet Edge" to make the corners rounded. However, when I tried the command on the bottom edge of the cube it caused something both funny and disappointing at the same time. I'm not sure how to round those edges after this...

Failed "Fillet Edge"

Making the symbol and the coin slot was tricky. It required a lot of precise measuring. I placed some straight polylines. I then put a circle at the end and used "split" to cut the half of the circle I didn't need. I did a similar thing with the coin slot. Expect I extruded the shape, used "cap" and then used "Boolean Split" to make the hole in the object. 


▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ [Final Thoughts] ░▒▓█▇▅▃▂

Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to fix the issues I had with this build. Such as the lip on the bottom corner of the top cube, and the bottom of the object that has a hole to put the coins in. But regardless of those issues, preventing this from being an exact recreation, I still think it came out way better than I thought it would. Here's the comparison of my build and the real-life object below.





Comments

Popular Posts